2.8(11) Committee on Funded Retirement and Insurance Charter
(Amended 1/99; 5/07; 7/13)
- Membership. Confirmed by the President of the university (with administrative responsibility for membership and chair appointments handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer):
- Seven members appointed by the governing body of the faculty, currently the Faculty Senate;
- Seven members appointed by the governing body of the staff, currently the Staff Council.
- Committee is co-chaired by a faculty member and a staff member; chair selections are made by the president of the Faculty Senate and president of Staff Council respectively.
- Term of Membership. Members may be appointed for terms of up to 3 years. The general guideline against reappointment for more than 2 terms of 3 years each (see I-2.8(6)d(3)) shall not apply to this committee.
- Charge to the Committee.
- The Committee shall be governed by the terms of the General Charter.
- In addition, the Committee shall:
- Suggest and review faculty and staff retirement programs, insurance programs, medical and health programs, and "fringe benefits" for university employees;
- Represent the faculty and staff in discussion and negotiation with vendors of insurance as these are carried forward by responsible officers of the administration.
(See also the Committee on Funded Retirement and Insurance website.)