(Amended 3/02; 10/06)
- All faculty and staff appointed to the University budget regardless of length of appointment, fraction of full time, or amount of salary, except for those persons classified as being primarily students at The University of Iowa, are eligible to receive a faculty/staff identification (ID) card from University ID Card Services. Individuals must display a form of official government-issued photo identification such as driver's license, passport, or military ID to obtain a faculty/staff ID card.
(1) The ID card and photo is the property of The University of Iowa and is nontransferable.
(2) The ID card displays a color photo of the faculty or staff member, his or her full name, and the status "faculty/staff." The ID card photos are digitized and electronically stored and secured. The University retains full rights to these photos. The sole purpose of the ID card photos is for creating identification badges or cards. University ID Card Services will not release the photo unless required by law, except for public safety function
(3) The employing unit may require a faculty or staff member to return his or her ID card upon the termination of employment at the University.
(4) Retirees may continue to use their faculty/staff ID cards. UIHC retired faculty and staff may obtain a faculty/staff photo ID card from University ID Card Services after turning in their UIHC badge.
- The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics shall issue a hospital-specific identification card to faculty, staff, and students who are assigned primarily to the UIHC, following the guidelines herein. Hospital-specific ID cards must be returned upon termination of employment.
- Under no circumstances shall a student, faculty member, or staff member be permitted to wear any type of face covering, including, but not limited to, veils, masks, or sunglasses, that covers any part of the face, during the photographing for an ID card. Head coverings are allowed if dictated by generally acknowledged religious traditions, customs, or beliefs, or for medical reasons and if said coverings do not obscure the face.
- University ID Card Services is not liable for financial loss or criminal repercussions associated with lost, stolen, damaged, or fraudulently used cards distributed from University ID Card Services.