(Amended 9/93; 5/01; 5/07; 6/09; 6/10; 7/13)
- Membership. Confirmed by the Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations:
- Three members appointed by the governing body of the faculty, currently the Faculty Senate;
- Three members appointed by the governing body of the students, currently for purposes of this committee, the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG;
- Three members appointed by the governing body of the staff, currently the Staff Council.
- Committee is chaired by a staff member; chair selection is made by the president of Staff Council.
- Charge to the Committee.
- The charge to the Committee is to enhance the Department of Public Safety contribution to the education, research, and leadership missions of the University of Iowa.
- The Committee shall be governed by the terms of the General Charter.
- In addition, the Committee shall:
- Review the responsibilities of the Department of Public Safety and advise on how those responsibilities are successfully discharged;
- Advise on educational programs regarding safety and security issues that affect faculty, staff, students, visitors, and the general public;
- Advise on policies and procedures concerning university interests with respect to safety and security;
- Advise on processes for minimizing the likelihood of emergencies, and enhancing response to emergencies;
- Review agreements and collaborations with non-university law enforcement agencies and advise on if those various associations are being maintained.
(See also the Committee on University Safety and Security website.)