(Amended 5/07; 6/09; 7/13)
- Membership. Confirmed by the Vice President for Student Life:
- Three members appointed by the governing body of the faculty, currently the Faculty Senate;
- Five members appointed by the governing body of the students, currently for purposes of this committee, the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG;
- Three members appointed by the governing body of the staff, currently the Staff Council.
- Committee is chaired by a student; chair selection is made by the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG.
- Charge to the Committee.
- The Committee shall be governed by the terms of the General Charter.
- In addition, the Committee shall:
- Advise on rules, regulations, schedules, and fees related to the use of University recreational facilities;
- Advise on plans for the modification or expansion of University recreational facilities;
- Advise along with other appropriate committees on policies governing recreational use of facilities shared with intercollegiate athletics and physical education programs;
- Advise on programs designed to ensure that recreational facilities are available to all elements of the University community.
(See also the Committee on Recreational Services website.)