(Amended 5/07; 6/09; 7/13; 4/17)
- Membership. Confirmed by the Vice President for Student Life:
- Three members appointed by the governing body of the faculty, currently the Faculty Senate;
- Ten members appointed by the governing body of the students, currently for the purposes of this committee, the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG;
- One member appointed by the governing body of the staff, currently the Staff Council.
- Committee is chaired by a student; chair selection is made by the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG.
- Charge to the Committee.
- The Committee shall be governed by the terms of the General Charter.
- In addition, the Committee shall be responsible for:
- Selecting speakers for the University Lecture Series with the goal of presenting a balanced slate of speakers who will deal with topics of wide interest. Before making the selection, the Committee shall solicit and consider suggestions from all interested parties;
- Advising on and assisting in arrangements for lectures;
- Coordinating its activities with other appropriate programming groups on campus;
- Ensuring that the Regents Speakers Policy (BRPM 4.2) is adhered to in events under its jurisdiction.
(See also the Committee on Lectures website.)