(Amended 9/93; 12/96; 5/07; 6/09; 7/13)
- Membership. Confirmed by the Executive Vice President and Provost:
- Six members appointed by the governing body of the faculty, currently the Faculty Senate, to be composed of at least 1 faculty from the Graduate College and 1 from the professional colleges;
- Six members (3 undergraduates, 2 graduate students, and 1 student from the professional colleges) appointed by the governing body of the students, currently for the purposes of this committee, the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG;
- Two members appointed by the governing body of the staff, currently the Staff Council.
- Committee is co-chaired by a faculty member and a student; chair selections are made by the president of the Faculty Senate and the joint nominations committee of the UISG and GPSG, respectively.
- Definition. The phrase "financial aid" as used in this rule means all forms of scholarships and other student financial aid (including loans) administered by or through the Office of Student Financial Aid or other university office, other than financial aid under the direct control of a college or department.
- Charge to the Committee. The committee shall:
- Review and make recommendations to the President regarding all forms of student financial aid.
- Assist the Office of Student Financial Aid or other university office administering financial aid in communicating all financial aid policies to the university community.
(See also the Financial Aid Advisory Committee website.)