Effective August 1, 2023, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.
- General. The University of Iowa, as authorized by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, shall take affirmative steps to employ and advance the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era at all levels of employment. The affirmative action policy applies to, but is not limited to, the following employment practices:
- Recruitment advertising;
- Rates of pay/other forms of compensation; and
- Selection for training (including apprenticeship).
- Pursuant to applicable federal and state law, the University of Iowa endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for the functional limitations of applicants, employees, and students with disabilities and disabled veterans, and for employees’ known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. Applicants and employees with disabilities seeking such accommodations should contact Faculty and Staff Disability Services. Students with disabilities should contact Student Disability Services.
- Applicants, employees, and students with disabilities at the University of Iowa are protected from coercion, retaliation, interferences, or discrimination for filing a complaint or assisting in an investigation of a complaint under the aforementioned acts. Inquiries and complaints should be directed to the Office of Institutional Equity for a confidential investigation.
- Applicants or employees with disabilities, disabled veterans, or veterans of the Vietnam era desiring more information should contact the Office of Institutional Equity. To obtain a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan for Persons with Disabilities, Disabled Veterans, and Veterans of the Vietnam Era, contact the Office of Institutional Equity, 319-335-0705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.