Chapter 29 – Family Services
(3/02; 9/02; 6/05; 8/06; 4/07; 9/16; 7/13/21)
Effective July 13, 2021, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.
University of Iowa Family Services provides programs, information, and referral assistance to faculty, staff, and students regarding their individual and family-related needs. The programs offered can help faculty, staff, and students to identify University and community services and resources. In addition, the Family Services staff are familiar with family-related University of Iowa policies. Specific programs and services include:
- Child care and school-age child care, and spring break and summer camp resources,
- Elder care,
- Guidance for supervisors of new parents,
- On-campus lactation resources,
- Services to student families,
- Financial well-being resources,
- Flexible work arrangements, and
- Resource and referral.
For further information, see the Family Services website at https://hr.uiowa.edu/well-being/family-services or contact the Family Services Office, 121 University Services Building.