Chapter 26 – Dual Career Services
(10/94; 3/00; 9/03; 1/15)
- The University of Iowa recognizes the issue of, and is responsive to the needs of, dual career couples. Dual Career Services is a service of The University of Iowa designed to assist faculty and staff spouses/partners in seeking and securing employment. The eligibility guidelines are:
- You must be the spouse/partner of a newly hired permanent faculty or staff member, or
- You must be part of a recruitment effort; and
- You must have lived in the area for less than two years.
- Services are provided for up to one year:
- Professional job search assistance and career guidance.
- Resume writing assistance.
- Advice on interviewing techniques.
- Up-to-date resource information about local businesses.
- Assistance with writing cover letters.
- Access to job openings with local employers.
- Letters of support written for University of Iowa positions.
- Career coaching and guidance.
- Introduction to local groups to assist in networking attempts.
- Current information about local hiring market and demographics.
- For those who do not meet the program requirements listed above, a limited-service appointment is offered. This is a one-time meeting in which a resume critique, job leads, and community contacts are provided.