- Length-of-service and retirement awards. A non-cash length-of-service award or a retirement award may qualify as a non-taxable benefit provided all of the following requirements are met:
- the employee has at least five years of service with the University,
- the employee has not received a length-of-service award within the last five years other than a de minimis non-cash award valued at less than $100, and
- the awards are presented as part of a meaningful ceremony and should not be determined based on an employee's classification.
- Safety achievement award. Safety achievement awards that recognize an employee's accomplishments for maintaining or promoting defined safety standards may qualify for exclusion from taxation provided all of the following requirements are met:
- the award is limited annually to less than 10 percent of total eligible employees,
- the award is not presented to managers, administrators, clerical, or professional employees, and
- the awards are presented as part of a meaningful ceremony.