19.5 Reimbursement Receipts

(Amended 6/11; 9/6/21)
  1. Dependent/child care. Employees must attach reimbursement request receipts to justify expenses. For dependent care expenses, the receipt can be a formal receipt or a handwritten document stating that the provider is in receipt of the employee's payment. Canceled checks cannot be accepted as a receipt. All receipts will be retained by the University Benefits Office and will not be returned.
  2. Health care. Medical/dental expenses must be processed through one's insurance carrier before consideration can be given to one's claim under the flexible spending account reimbursement procedure. The only exception to this will be items that are known to not be covered by a particular health insurance program.