19.7 IRS Reporting

(Amended 8/6/21)

The University Benefits Office retains all claims submitted. The University of Iowa reports to the Internal Revenue Service the amount of money the employee sets aside for dependent care. Program users must list on their year-end tax return the name, address, social security or tax identification number, and amounts paid to child care providers.

(See also https://hr.uiowa.edu/fsa/irs-reporting.)