19.3 Changes to Flexible Spending Accounts

(Amended 6/11; 8/6/21)

Changes to one's spending accounts may be made during the year if there is a qualifying event, such as a change in family status. A change in family status includes marriage, divorce, death of a spouse, death of a dependent, and birth or adoption of a child. In addition, an approved leave of absence or the termination or gaining of employment of one's spouse are events which qualify for changes. Requested changes due to one of the above listed events must be communicated to the University Benefits Office within 30 days following the date of the event.