10.4 Scope of Policy
(Amended 3/07; 1/20)
Effective January 2020, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.
- Acts by employees and students. This policy covers acts of University community members occurring in one or more of the following circumstances:
- on property owned or controlled by the University or by a student organization; or
- at any location and involving any University faculty, staff, or students, provided that:
- the incident occurs at a University-sponsored activity;
- the responding party or the impacted party was acting in an official capacity for the University during the incident;
- the responding party or the impacted party was conducting University business during the incident;
- the conduct has the purpose or reasonably foreseeable effect of unreasonably interfering with a UI student or UI staff or faculty member's protected interests; or
- the conduct demonstrates that the individual poses a reasonable threat to campus safety and security.
- Acts by visitors to campus. The University will make reasonable efforts to prevent and address harassment of its faculty, staff, or students by persons conducting business with or visiting the University, even though such persons are not directly affiliated with the University.