(Amended 10/23/18; 5/20/22)
Effective May 20, 2022, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.
This policy applies to all university programs with minors, with the exceptions of the following:
- Minors who are visitors in the workplace (see III-32);
- Minors working for the university as employees;
- Minors who are either admitted for enrollment or enrolled at the university for post-secondary education (this exclusion does not apply to minors admitted for enrollment in or enrolled in pre-college courses);
- Minors attending events on campus or events sponsored by the University that are open to the general public;
- Minors on school/organization trips accompanied throughout the trip by an adult chaperone for their school/organization;
- Minors attending official admission events hosted by the university Admissions Office, such as Hawkeye Visit Days;
- Minors participating in pre-enrollment visitation or recruiting activities governed by NCAA or US Department of Health and Human Services regulations;
- Minors receiving medical care or treatment at the University of Iowa; and
- Minors who are human subjects in research studies as research subjects which are approved by the university’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).