Skip to main content
20.4 University of Iowa Logos and Stylized Wordmarks
- University of Iowa logos and stylized wordmarks are essential to the identity of the University of Iowa and, as such, it is required that all University of Iowa employees, recognized student groups, and university independent contractors comply with all elements of the University Brand Policy when using University of Iowa graphical marks.
- All University of Iowa employees, recognized student organizations, and university independent contractors are responsible for ensuring that use of University of Iowa graphical marks is consistent with the University Brand Manual. Unit leaders are responsible for the activities of their unit; e.g., deans are responsible for the activities of their college, directors are responsible for the activities of their department.
- All communications and items produced for sale or promotional distribution by units of the university must contain a University of Iowa logo or stylized wordmark approved by the University Brand Committee and as prescribed in the University Brand Manual.
- Units of the university and recognized student organizations creating items for sale or promotional distribution must comply with all university licensing policies and procedures, including the use of an officially licensed vendor.
- No variations of University of Iowa logos or stylized wordmarks may be used without prior written approval by the University Brand Committee.
- University of Iowa employees and registered student groups, when acting in fulfillment of the mission of the university, are required to use a University of Iowa logo or stylized wordmark for identification purposes when communicating formally on behalf of the university.