Effective October 2018, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.
This policy applies to all University Youth Programs with the exceptions of the following minors:
- Minors who are visitors in the workplace (see III-32);
- Minors working for the University as employees;
- Minors enrolled at the University (this exclusion does not apply to minors enrolled in pre-college courses);
- Minors admitted for enrollment at the University;
- Minors attending events on campus or events sponsored by the University that are open to the general public;
- Minors on school/organization trips accompanied throughout the trip by an adult chaperone for their school/organization;
- Minors attending official admission events hosted by the University Admissions Office, such as Hawkeye Visit Days;
- Minors participating in pre-enrollment visitation or recruiting activities governed by NCAA or US Department of Health and Human Services regulations; and
- Minors receiving medical care or treatment at The University of Iowa.