Effective October 23, 2018, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.
This policy applies to all University Youth Programs with the exceptions of the following minors:
- Minors who are visitors in the workplace (see III-32);
- Minors working for the University as employees;
- Minors enrolled at the University (this exclusion does not apply to minors enrolled in pre-college courses);
- Minors admitted for enrollment at the University;
- Minors attending events on campus or events sponsored by the University that are open to the general public;
- Minors on school/organization trips accompanied throughout the trip by an adult chaperone for their school/organization;
- Minors attending official admission events hosted by the University Admissions Office, such as Hawkeye Visit Days;
- Minors participating in pre-enrollment visitation or recruiting activities governed by NCAA or US Department of Health and Human Services regulations; and
- Minors receiving medical care or treatment at The University of Iowa.