21.2 External Use of University Trademark

Only an officially licensed vendor shall produce merchandise, products, and/or items bearing the University's trademarks associated with the University of Iowa. "Officially licensed vendors" and other University vendors may not always be the same. For a current list of officially licensed vendors, contact the Trademark Licensing Office.

Manufacturers, companies, and/or individuals ("entity"/"entities") creating merchandise, products, and/or items for sale or distribution may use University trademarks only after entering into a specific license agreement with the University, which then designates that entity as an officially licensed vendor. If interested in applying for a license, apply online at http://uilicensing.com.

Entities using any University trademark for advertising or promotional purposes in any format must first obtain written permission from the Trademark Licensing Office. In most cases, a royalty or usage fee will be assessed. Permission is typically granted for a specific length of time; no open-ended approval will be granted. Acceptable appearance and usage criteria shall be applied.

The trademarks of the University will not be used in association with gambling, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, "recreational" drugs, drug-related paraphernalia, or sexual references. The University reserves the right to prohibit other uses that it deems inappropriate or inconsistent with the image and mission of the University.