Chapter 9 – Firearms and Other Weapons on Campus
- “Campus” includes all property owned or used by the University.
- “Student” means a person who is currently registered as a student at the University in an undergraduate, graduate, or professional program on the campus.
- “Member of the faculty or staff” includes all employees of the University.
- “Visitor” means any person on campus who is not a student or a member of the faculty or staff. A suspended member of the faculty or staff, or a suspended student, who is on the campus during the period of such suspension shall be deemed a visitor.
- “Person” means any student, member of the faculty or staff, or visitor.
The Board of Regents, State of Iowa, has adopted administrative rules regarding Uniform Rules of Personal Conduct which are contained in the Iowa Administrative Code (681)9.1. The Rules define acts of misconduct which apply at the universities governed by the Board of Regents. Subsection 9.1(2)g defines as misconduct any person, student, member of the faculty or staff, or visitor who, while on the campus or at or during any university-authorized function or event, uses or has possession of any firearms, ammunition, or other dangerous weapons, substances, or material (except as expressly authorized by the University) or of bombs, explosives, or explosive or incendiary devices prohibited by law. Any act of misconduct shall be subject to disciplinary procedures by the University.