Skip to main content
12.3 University Sanctions
- The University will impose sanctions on any faculty or staff member who is found to be in violation of this policy, the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, or the 1990 rules under the Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act.
- Anyone who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action. Following an appropriate investigation and subject to the procedures which are part of the policies governing the relevant type of appointment at the University, the faculty or staff member can be subject to any one or a combination of the following disciplinary and/or educational sanctions:
- disciplinary action, including reprimand, suspension, or termination;
- required completion of substance abuse treatment;
- required attendance at designated staff development or other substance abuse education programs.
- In addition to disciplinary action by the University, violations of the policy may also be referred for criminal prosecution.