6.3 Selecting and Paying for Consultant and Independent Contractor Services and Obtaining Approval

(Amended 6/19)

Effective June 2019, this policy has been revised. For individual changes, see the redlined version.

To pay consultants on grants or contracts, approval is obtained from the department and dean on the University Voucher, or Travel Voucher.

The Employee Extra Compensation Form (see III-17.16) must be used to pay active employees as University consultants. This is required in order to comply with existing University and federal regulations for disbursing funds for these purposes.