35.2 Use of University Facilities
University facilities are dedicated to primary uses within the institution. Such primary uses, however, do not require that University facilities be exclusively reserved for those uses, and it is therefore University policy to make University facilities available for other uses that are consistent with the University's mission as a public institution of higher education.
- The factors below shall be considered in determining whether a proposed use is consistent with the academic mission of the University. This listing of factors is not intended to be exhaustive, nor is the presence or absence of any one or more factors determinative of the appropriateness of a planned use.
- If the proposed use is appropriately sponsored, whether by an academic department of the University or by a student, staff, or faculty organization officially recognized by the University;
- If the proposed use is part of or contributes to the outreach efforts of the University;
- If the proposed use is non–profit making in the commercial sense;
- If the proposed use does not involve efforts at selling commercial products or services to students or staff;
- If the proposed use is open to students, faculty, or staff of the University;
- If the proposed use is academic or educational in nature.
- If a proposed use is determined to be consistent with the academic mission of the University, approval of the proposed use shall still be subject to the following requirements:
- The proposed use must not conflict with scheduled or anticipated primary uses, nor interfere with ongoing primary uses.
- Adequate physical space must be available for the proposed use.
- Adequate support services must be available, including restroom facilities, security, overnight accommodations, food service, parking, and janitorial services.
- The proposed use must not present a physical danger to persons or the reasonable probability of damage to the University facilities or to equipment.
- Evidence must be presented by the user of ability to pay the rates and charges for use of University facilities and services and, where appropriate, advance payment of a portion of the anticipated rate and charge and/or refundable damage deposits may be required.
- Assurance must be given in writing that required support services (such as overnight accommodations, and the like), which the University deems necessary but is not providing, will be provided by the user.
- Use of the space shall be subject to all applicable policies of the University.