III-19.5 Reimbursement Receipts

(Amended 6/11; 8/6/21)

Effective August 6, 2021, this policy has been revised. For the most current version without redlining, return to III-19.5.

Dependent/child care. Employees must attach to the reimbursement request form receipts to justify expenses. For dependent care expenses, the receipt can be a formal receipt or a handwritten document stating that the provider is in receipt of the employee's payment. Canceled checks cannot be accepted as a receipt. All receipts will be retained by the University Benefits Office and will not be returned.

Health care. All Medical/dental expenses must be processed through one's insurance carrier, normally Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa, before consideration can be given to one's claim under the flexible spending account reimbursement procedure. The only exception to this will be items that are known to not be covered by a particular health insurance program.